While looking for something else, l found this quote: "Appreciate you without judging. Join you without invading, Invite you without demanding. Leave you without guilt." -- Virginia Satir It reminded me that part of a leader's role is in leading relationships. That's not the same as directing or controlling them. Leading relationships has more to do with taking personal responsibility for what you bring to a relationship -- whether that's at work, in the community, at home...anywhere. Relationships can not be taken for granted. To truly lead, we must remain attentive to the kinds of relationships we are co-creating. Appreciate you without judging We don't always have the answer, but we usually think that we do. Effective leaders listen with their whole being. We bring our soul to the game. We wait to be touched before reaching out to correct. We appreciate and allow for differences. Courageous leaders correct dangerous situations, but hold ...

Over the last few weeks, a number of "things" have come up in my life that one could call challenges.
ReplyDeleteI suppose if I was the world's greatest optimist,I could look at them as opportunities.
Trust me,I would really have to have an unrealistic view of life to consider these as anything close to an opportunity.
As days mount and become weeks, the stress level I am experiencing grows as well.
As I go through my day, I am preoccupied with the impact that this stuff is having and will have on my life moving forward.
Of course, without exploring exactly what all of these things mean to me, I am creating scenarios and outcomes based on fear,False Expectations Appearing Real.
In the last few days, I have taken the bold step of not being afraid of speaking to people about these issues I am experiencing.
I am not looking for sympathy or advice.
It just seems to help to bring it out in the open.
Sunlight is a marvelous thing.
Coming out of my self imposed darkness has a calming effect.
Things always appear worse in the dark.
Not that they are not real.
They just are what they are.
Talking about them helps.
We all know that talk is cheap.
Talk without an action plan is nothing more than expelling hot air.
Still, silence is dreadfully stressful.
Things are what they are.
Deal with them.
Then,move on!
Just that easy.
Thanks for listening!