Adults are not always happy to learn what they most need to learn.
For example, some lessons that have been rough (but necessary) for me include:
- It does no good to run from negative feedback
- Sometimes the mistake was intentional
- Maybe my perspective is the one that is skewed
- We all carry hidden biased points of view
- Even though people say anything is possible, that's not always true
- Sometimes the critic is right
What harsh lessons have you learned that maybe at first you avoided?
What tough lessons should your people learn from you?
-- Doug Smith